We are delighted to announce that we are looking for a new Projects Administrator to join the ASCUS team. This is an exciting opportunity to join the core team of this growing organisation and to work directly supporting the delivery of our projects and year round lab programme.
ASCUS is a not for profit organisation dedicated to building a community of artists, scientists, and other individuals interested in how art and science can engage new and wider audiences for both fields. As a leading advocate for art and science collaboration, ASCUS connects artists and scientists and facilitates the exchange of ideas. Creating new opportunities for involving scientists and arts professionals, the organisation aims to reach new and wider audiences and spark new and innovative ideas.
ASCUS is celebrating it’s 10 year anniversary, having built high profile collaborations with Scottish Universities including an Edinburgh College of Art student presenting at Fashion Week to their commissioning new artwork with the University of Dundee. Now with an international reputation in the field of art and science, and having opened Scotland’s first open access art-science laboratory in recent years, ASCUS is now looking to the next 10 years and looking for a highly organised person to come on board to ensure that all the administrative and promotional areas of ASCUS are covered.
(The post is initially a three day a week freelance job for a six month contract, with possible extension pending funding)
Duties and Responsibilities
Marketing and Promotions
- Manage promotional work relating to ASCUS projects and public programme
- Writing content for website, social media and email campaigns etc
- Responsible for ASCUS Communications strategy and its regular review and update
- Developing and designing all marketing materials to generate sales (posters/flyers/brochures)
- Responsible for making sure branding guidelines are being adhered to
- Responsible for maintaining and updating ASCUS’s website
- Writing, submitting and receiving invoices
- Adding invoices out to, to be paid folder
- Updating ASCUS Sage One account
- Responsible for all training and inductions of new interns/volunteers
- Supporting Project Interns – Liaising with Internship/placement organisation/institution
- Delivery of volunteer meetings and driving the volunteer programme forward
- Successful implementation of organisational policy
- Workshop administration – documentation, evaluation and logistics
- Project administration – keeping track of budgets, documentation and general administration
- Creating, revising, and reviewing schedules for ASCUS office
- Contract support and administration for partnership activities
- Liaising with external organisations/exhibition partners providing artwork dimensions, insurance details etc
- Documentation of all ASCUS activities, workshops and projects
- Answering all general enquiries
- Keeping documentation and processes around artists and potential partners on file
- Ensuring files are up to date and organised effectively
Please note: If you do not have all of the requirements, we are still keen to hear from you. We are aware that some skills are learnt on the job.
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of Google Docs and Dropbox.
- Working as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Responding to queries and simple problem solving.
- Maintaining manual and electronic filing systems.
- Ability to demonstrate a methodical, organised and flexible approach to work.
- Effective listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people,
- from artists, academics, scientists as well as our board of directors.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
- Professional approach.
- Ability to design and process a wide range of documents in accordance with instruction and house style, paying attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Experience and knowledge of gathering information for tenders and funding applications.
- Experience of minute taking and accurate recording of meetings.
- Working with volunteers
- Filing and tracking expenses and invoicing
- Knowledge of social media and marketing