ASCUS Lab Inductions
*Update: Please note that due to the Covid-19 crisis our lab inductions have been postponed to an unconfirmed date. Keep an eye out for updates.*
The main way to access ASCUS Lab is to attend one of our themed lab inductions in Microscopy or Microbiology. Inductions are held on the first Saturday of the month during an open session, you are welcome to stay for the rest of the session and start your experimentation. Attendance to the open session is included in the price of the induction.
Join our Microbiology Lab Induction, gain insight into the fascinating, unseen microcosmos. See first hand how we approach working with microorganisms, how we culture, inoculate, and collect samples and get introduced to our in house collection of microorganisms such as slime mould and pigmented bacteria. Be guided in how to be safe, feel empowered and independent working in ASCUS Lab and start your own creative experimentation in our supported, weekly ASCUS Lab open sessions.
Join us for our Microscopy Lab Induction, gain insight and discover the beautiful, unseen world of microscopy. See first hand how we operate our darkfield, brightfield and polarised light microscopes. Be guided in how to be safe, feel empowered and independent working in ASCUS Lab and start your own creative experimentation in our weekly ASCUS Lab open sessions.
*Update: Please note that due to the Covid-19 crisis drop-in access to ASCUS Lab has been suspended. Please contact us directly on email@example.com to make an appointment and keep an eye out for updates.*
How to Find Us
1. Turn left at reception and walk down the corridor towards the cafe.
2. Turn right at the cafe and walk down the corridor towards the Anatomy Lecture theatre.
3. After going down the small set of steps, and immediately before the double doors, turn left and walk down the corridor.
4. Go through the double doors at the end of the corridor and up the stairs.
5. Turn right at the top of the stairs and go through the door into another corridor.
6. The ASCUS Lab is the door opposite the door into which you entered the corridor.