In partnership with the BNA (British Neuroscience Association), ASCUS Art & Science launches its Artists are Present initiative for BNA2015: Festival of Neuroscience celebrating it’s 50 year anniversary.
Throughout the conference, members of the ASCUS team and a number of selected artists will have access* to BNA2015. We are looking for expressions of interest from artists who would like to learn about and engage with research in the field of Neuroscience. This is an opportunity to immerse yourself in the science of the brain, to get inspiration, meet the scientists and/or present work to this unique audience. Are you interested in collaborations and fusions of art and science (particularly – neurology, psychology, psychiatry, physiology, and pharmacology)? If so this is the opportunity for you!
Deadline: 5pm Friday, 3rd April
- Artists who have a genuine interest in crossovers between art and the science of the brain
- Artists committed to trans-disciplinary approaches who demonstrate how attending the conference would have significant impact on their practice
- Artists with already existing work, relevant to art and the brain, that could be displayed to attending guests, delegates staff and organisations for the duration of the conference (not compulsory)
- A short summary of your practice/research explaining how attending the conference would have significant impact on your practice (max 250 words)
- Details of already existing work you might want to display at the conference (not compulsory)
- Your time available to commit to the conference (please list each day and times per day)
- Current CV
- Link to a relevant webpage (if applicable)
Please email your all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Artist’s can attend any lecture/event as long as there is free space, science delegates do have priority over artists if particular sessions become fully booked. This opportunity is for a full access pass over the four days of the conference (12th – 15th April) worth £375. Artists are not expected to produce a piece of work at/from the conference, this is research and networking opportunity. Applicants must provide their own travel and accommodation expenses.