ASCUS Art & Science is a non-profit volunteer organisation and comprises a network of artists and scientists committed to the practice of collaboration between each discipline. ASCUS collaborates with a wide range of individuals, groups and institutions interested in the art science intersection and in art science collaborative practice, science communication, and trans-disciplinary research. This is an extremely exciting time for ASCUS with the opening of their publicly accessible laboratory in Summerhall in the new year.
Rate of Pay:
£8.25 per hour
Part-time, 20 hours per week for 12 weeks
ASCUS now needs an enthusiastic candidate interested in researching, writing about and developing the business side of ASCUS. We are looking for someone who is passionate about business development and who is keen to work with us in refining our Business Plan through conducting comparative market research and analysis of our current projects and initiatives.
• Researching and writing up reports that can feed into our business plan
• Updating our Business Plan accordingly
• Research similar organisations and market segments to identify potential opportunities
• Identify and prepare business packages for potential sponsors
• Analyse current ASCUS projects and initiatives and research new revenue streams in line with our organisations vision
• Participate in team meetings, client meetings, and other events
• Writing and updating relevant organisational copy for website and/online presence
• Assist in creating proposals and presentations
• Attend business networking events in the area
• Assist in other duties in supporting ASCUS in other activities as they arise
You’ll Gain Some Great Experience:
• Your work will be meaningful and what you do actually matters
• You will get ongoing feedback including a midpoint and end of the program evaluation
• You will gain real-world work experience to prepare for your future career
• You will work with a passionate and creative team in an ambitious and growing organisation
(Please note that you will be invoicing Adopt an Intern as a freelancer/consultant. This is a very simple, uncomplicated process. As such, those in the UK on Tier 4 Student Visas are not eligible to apply.)
The ideal candidate will be someone with a passion for business, who is self-motivated, has a strong work ethic, is organised, and has a high attention to detail.
Most likely from an academic disciple related to business management, you will be an accurate writer, able to convey strong messages to a variety of audiences through the written word. You’ll also be a good listener, able to gather information from people to inform and underpin your arguments. Analytical skills are essential, as is a good level of commercial awareness.
Closing date for applications is 14 January 2016, 12noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on their website. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. Please note that Adopt an Intern do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.